What is RFID technology?
The most important advantage of RFID systems is non-contact identification, which can read labels through snow, fog, ice, paint, grime, and harsh environments where barcodes cannot be used, and read tags extremely fast, less than 100 milliseconds in most cases. The sketching capability of an active RFID system is also an important advantage. Can be used for interactive business such as process tracking and maintenance tracking.
The main problem restricting the development of RFID systems is incompatible standards. The main manufacturers of RFID systems provide dedicated systems, resulting in different applications and different industries adopting different manufacturers' frequencies and protocol standards. This confusion and fragmentation have restricted the growth of the entire RFID industry. Many European and American organizations are working on this problem and have already achieved some results. Standardization will stimulate the substantial development and wide application of RFID technology.
The essence of logistics management is to reduce costs and improve service levels through the management of the entire logistics process. How to ensure that the right customers get the right products at the right time and at the right place with the right cost and the right conditions has become the highest goal pursued by logistics companies. Generally speaking, the value of enterprise inventory should account for about 25% of the total assets of the enterprise and more than 50% of the current assets of the enterprise. Therefore, the core of logistics management is the management of inventory in the supply chain.
In terms of transportation management, using radio frequency identification technology, it is only necessary to install electronic tags on the outer packaging of the goods, and set up readers at the transportation checkpoint or transfer station to realize the visual management of assets. At the same time, cargo owners can visit the in-transit visual web page according to their permissions to understand the specific location of the goods, which is of great significance to improving the service level of logistics enterprises.
1. Quick scan. The RFID reader can identify and read several RFID tags at the same time!
2. The volume is miniaturized and the shape is diversified. RFID is not limited by size and shape in reading, and does not need to match the fixed size and printing quality of paper for reading accuracy. In addition, RFID tags can be further miniaturized and developed in various forms to be applied to different products.
3. Anti-pollution ability and durability. The carrier of traditional barcodes is paper, so it is susceptible to contamination, but RFID is very resistant to substances such as water, oil and chemicals. In addition, because barcodes are attached to plastic bags or outer packaging cartons, they are particularly vulnerable to breakage; RFID tags store data in chips, so they can be protected from contamination.
4. Reusable. Today's barcodes cannot be changed after being printed, and RFID tags can repeatedly add, modify, and delete data stored in the RFID label, which is convenient for information update.
5. Penetrating and barrier-free reading. In the case of being covered, RFID can penetrate non-metallic or non-transparent materials such as paper, wood and plastic, and can carry out penetrating communication. Barcode scanners can only read barcodes at close range and without objects blocking them.
6. The memory capacity of data is large. The capacity of one-dimensional barcodes is 50Bytes, the maximum capacity of two-dimensional barcodes can store 2 to 3000 characters, and the maximum capacity of RFID is several MegaBytes. With the development of memory carriers, the data capacity also has a trend of continuous expansion. In the future, the amount of data that items need to carry will increase, and the demand for expanding the capacity of labels will also increase accordingly.
7. Security. Because RFID carries electronic information, its data content can be protected by password, so that its content is not easy to be forged and altered.
RFID has attracted much attention because of its long-distance reading and high storage capacity. It can not only help an enterprise greatly improve the efficiency of goods and information management, but also connect sales enterprises and manufacturing enterprises, so as to receive feedback information more accurately, control demand information, and optimize the entire supply chain.